- Lifehacker - Just got turned on to this one, but its absolutely awesome. From Firefox Extensions and Ubuntu hacks to sleep-enrichment tips and guides to multitasking, this blog is points me to at least one new tip, trick or tool a day.
- lo-fi librarian - a UK-based law librarian who posts a list of new tools each week. Like Lifehacker, this blog dramatically increases my bag o'tricks. lo-fi has also started experimenting with Ubuntu Linux, so its interesting to compare notes.
- Catalogablog - Keeps a finger on the pulse of the cataloging world, which I think has enough wrong with it currently and enough going for it in the future, that I want to stay knowledgeable. The new info on MODS, METS, RDF and FRBR can be a little dry in technicalities, but tracking the headlines helps keep me current.
- Stephen's Lighthouse - I'm a Stephen Abram fan-boy, I'll admit it. I love seeing the man speak at SLA, and reading his column in Information Outlook is my favourite part of that publication. His blog is well written and thought-provoking.
- Slashdot - News for Nerds, Stuff that Matters. Almost too technical for me, sometimes, but often full of useful news (more specific to my world than Boing Boing, which I also like to follow).
Friday, August 31, 2007
Obligitory Blog Day post
The massive interwoven mesh of the blogosphere tells me its time for all good little bloggers to jot down their 5 recommended blogs for the year. This is my blog day, so I will take my favourites.