Thursday, June 01, 2006

Another dual program

Some research for my Information Architecture class as turned up another dual degree program between Library Science and Computer Science.

http://www.hawaii.edu/slis/programs/ics.htm

The University of Hawaii's LIS is located within its Computer department, so I'm not surprised this dual degree has come into existence. However, even if URI is not the first to offer these two degrees at once, we are still the only place I know of on the East Coast that does.

I had applied to UH, and got in, but from what I've heard, Hawaii isn't in the best economical situation right now, and the cost of living is very high (which may or may not balance out with the low tuition). Also, previous residents and recent visitors have told me that there is quite a bit of racism towards Caucasians.

I'm in the right place.

No comments: